Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Glossary of Common Terms
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will construction begin?
- On April 17, 2007, the Board of County Commissioners authorized CDM, Inc., of Maitland, Florida, to proceed with the design-build of the Arbennie Pritchett Water Reclamation Facility.
- When will construction be complete?
- The contract stipulates that CDM must substantially complete construction within 720 days of issuance of the final notice to proceed. The notice to proceed was issued on July 2, 2007. Completion of the project is due by June 2, 2009.
- When will the Garniers Wastewater Treatment Facility be taken out of service?
- Once the new facility is on-line, the Garniers Facility will be taken off line and demolished. Demolition is expected to take approximately six (6) months.
- What will happen to the property where the Garniers Facility is located?
- In order to transfer the wastewater from the Garniers facility to the new Arbennie Pritchett facility a re-pump facility is required. This will consist of a single building with a series of pumps. There will be no wet well and thus no possibility of odors from re-pumping facility. This facility will only take up a small percentage of the existing site. The Board of County Commissioners is examining several different alternatives for future use of this site.
Glossary of Common Terms
Biochemical Oxygen Demand
||Nitrates as Nitrogen
Realignment and Closure Committee
||Carbonaceous Biochemical Oxygen Demand
||Consultant Competitive Negotiation Act
Department of Environmental Management
||Wastewater Treatment Plant
||Million Gallons per Day
^ Back to Top